Monday, September 27, 2010

theory

I want to prove that "to understand" is the same as "to love." With my whole life I am afraid I will never be able to create or build something wonderful; I will only be able to understand and acknowledge wonderful things. And if this understanding is the same thing as love, if theory really means "passionate sympathetic contemplation," as some Greek once connotated, than perhaps I can strive and reach success through this avenue. Otherwise I am doomed to forever behold brilliance but never reflect it.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's important to be aware if the fear of never contributing something wonderful is good or bad. It's good if it pushes you to try things, to think, question, analyze, and eventually create. But it's bad if you dismiss the possibility of you creating anything for fear of realizing how insignificant it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would reflecting brilliance be your goal? Think of it in terms of light and dark. As a reflective surface, you would never be able to spawn or birth light of yourself; rather you would just become some means to spread someone else's light, brilliance, what have you.
    Maybe I'm mistaking your use of the word "reflect."

    ReplyDelete