Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Henley Street Bridge is Closed but I Could Still Use the Gay Street Bridge to Visit South Knoxville

The road went straight up I swear, straight up so that my car, though a v-8, still said you've got to be kidding me. When I was in Martinique, our tour took us through road capillaries, yellow and blue buttoned homes futon as cultural sites of interest. Here it is not much different with me, oogling at the neighborhoods over the bridge like a bird foul scratching at the corn kernel
saying how about that. Each home popped up like a well made picture, they even added the rust to the pink tricycle, a slightly different shade than the dogwood blossoms. I didn't make eye contact with the woman at the mailbox, the shirtless man belly up in the yard, the dark face looking out the door window. My car was a gondeleir rigged on a track of Dollywood's newest hot attraction: Take the Car Through Appalachia.

No comments:

Post a Comment