Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pescetarian

I didn't like being a pescetarian. When I told people I was pescetarian, I had to explain what pescetarian meant. Then I just started saying, I don't eat meat... except for fish. Of course, when I said that, someone inevitably said, "You mean, a pescetarian?" subtext: lol you fucking idiot. So I went back to saying I was pescetarian. "Um, it sounds pretentious when you say that you are pescetarian. You should just say that you don't eat meat except for fish." Fine. I will make my self-righteous stomach stop eating fish. Now I'm a vegetarian elitist. It's funny these words pesceterian and vegetarian can be used as nouns. And if they can, does that say something about identity? I mean, you really are what you eat. I mean you are more what you eat than who you sleep with, I think. If you consider things in a material sense. You may also be your decisions about eating, but I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment