Wednesday, October 27, 2010

gut response, Bourbon and Laundry dialogue

: How do you know?
: I read it!
: Read it where?
: In a book.
: What book?
: I dont know, Leno, just this thing in a book!
: Wait did you even read the whole book?
Silence.
: Did you read the whole book?
: Thats not the point. I--
: NO. Did. You. Read. The. Book?
: Not... all of it...
: Ah! Typical! How can you lecture me when you have a half-assed idea yourself? If I didnt hold you up to the wall and make you eek out that you don't know what youre talking about, you'd be running around Knoxville using that infuriating tone of voice-
: What tone of voice? And whether or not I read the whole book, the idea is the same regardless.
: using the tone "you know leno, its very frustrating to me to see you abuse your body in this way..."
: Shut up! shut up shut up shut up shut up-- That isnt fair. That isnt funny.
: still in the tone, "Of course you know I want you to be happy..."
: It just means that I care.
: No, no. It means you dont know what the heck you're talking about.
: You don't need a whole book to make a point in an argument!
: You do.
: You dont.

No comments:

Post a Comment